Friday, September 20, 2013

S'more Fall Decorating Fun ~ Fall Chalkboard Menu

fall chalkboard with Fall menu

Part menu, part shopping list, this is my cooking inspiration board for Fall. Even though it is still in the 90's in San Antonio, I am craving all of the comfort foods. Time to break out the fall spices and cinnamon sticks!!!

sharing with ~

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Fall Football Inspired School Bulletin Board

Fall football theme school bulletin board idea
This is a football inspired bulletin board that I did a couple of years ago. I'm trying to come up with a new idea for this year. I need to put up a new one before our Fall PTA meeting. Any ideas?

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Easy Fall Wreath

I found this painted grapevine wreath at Hobby Lobby 40% off. I loved the chippy light blue paint. I know it's not a traditional fall color but I thought that if I added some grapevine pumpkins that would do the trick.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Anthro Inspired Owls

While I was out shopping Friday, I found these cute little owls that reminded me of Anthropologie.

Friday, September 13, 2013

How I Recovered My Ottoman

Did you notice in the title I wrote, "How I recovered my ottoman" as opposed to, "How TO recover an ottoman"? It was intentional as there is a big difference here. Let me tell you the story of the ottoman...

Monday, September 9, 2013

The Closet Dilemma

My plan to redo my closet isn't turning out quite like I was expecting. I have all of my projects lined up and things selected and even a couple of plans completed. Here's the predicament....

This weekend while recovering an old ottoman, my husband comes in the bedroom and says, "Where's that going?" I proudly say, "in my closet." His reply, "Why are you wasting it in there?" With just a few words, he had burst my bubble. He's right. Why am I wasting it in there? I wasn't expecting it to look that good. It looks better than the one I have in my bedroom AND the one in the living room. This should be a good thing, right? However, I feel like I've just opened up a can of worms. I can't blame him completely because I already moved the trunk that I refinished (for the closet) into the master bedroom. Ugh! I see where this is going.

The trunks that I'm moving to the bedroom ~ sorry closet

While shopping the other day, I found this beautiful and well priced chandelier. I was really excited until it dawned on me that this fixture was prettier than the one in my kitchen. How can I buy a new light fixture for the closet when now I really need this for the kitchen? Uh-oh.

It's amazing to me that it took my husband about two seconds to confirm the thoughts that I evidently was already having. What do I do now? This closet might never get finished! HELP!!!

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Closet Project ~ Trunks

The most important thing about a closet is organization and its entire reason for being is storage so my first priority in redoing mine is to come up with inexpensive chic containers that Anthropologie would be proud of. (since they are my inspiration) I really wanted to add some vintage touches to the closet so I went antique shopping and found one of my favorite things old trunk. This one needed some love. It was an ugly shiny black but the price was right at $17. Trunks are great for storing seasonal clothing or items that you don't need every day.

anthropologie inspired vintage cottage trunk