Sunday, October 5, 2014
I try to do something a little different each Halloween on the door while still using the same items that I already have. So, this year, I decided on a black and white theme. I took my old grapevine wreath and spray painted it black. Then, I knew that I wanted to paint the skeleton because it was very plastic looking but I didn't have any white or cream spray paint. It was serendipitous that I had some silver because my door has a silver inlay anyway so it all worked out. I actually like it better than if I had painted it white! The sign was obvious for an entry door but somehow I had never thought of it before. I just took the filler from one of my picture frames and I was going to spray paint it with chalkboard paint but luckily I didn't need it as the finish was chalk friendly. Don't you love it when things just work out!