As we approach a new year, it is customary to reflect on the past year and to set goals for the new year. This week I will post a recap of my favorite projects and posts for the year. (well, last three months anyway) but today I am setting some decorating goals for myself in the new year. I am writing this down and telling all of you so I will be held accountable and forced to do it.
Everyone has them. Rooms that we avoid at all costs. I have spent the last few months showing all of you the pretty rooms and the mostly completed projects. Now I am focusing on the not -so -fun rooms that we all have. Today you can see the real life...
Goals for the laundry room:
1. Paint the dirty walls!
2. Hardware for the cabinets
3. Address the ugly light fixture
4. Hide or minimize the washer and dryer
5. Organize storage to keep things off of counters and floor
6. find cute laundry baskets
Room 2 ~ The Pantry ~ another organizing nightmare. Do you see a trend here?
Goals for the pantry
1. Containers for keeping "like" things together
2. better looking trash cans (mark one for recycle)
3. use the door for storage too in some way
4. maybe hang baskets from ceiling?
5. paint/ wallpaper or both
6. address ugly light fixture....again
Goals for the room....GIVE UP! No, I'm just kidding.
1. new molding
3. some way to camouflage dog beds
4. something on walls
6. new cushion for Spencer...again
So, that's it. This is like weight watchers for decorating. I need your help to hold me to my goals. What's funny is that I've had friends call me a stepford wife before because of my neatness. Now the truth is out. I know I can't be the only one with these problems. If you'd like to share similar situations in your house, please feel free to comment. Hopefully, I can come up with some creative and cheap solutions to all of these issues. I'll keep you posted!