Finally, the before and after of the laundry room. Do you remember the before?
This was extra bad because it was right after Christmas so I had more clutter than usual. This is the first room that most people see when they come into the house from the garage so it really needed an update.
A much better view. Organization was important. I also wanted to get rid of the beige and brighten things up.
To break up the monotony, I took off some cabinet doors to have open shelving. I found these great baskets so I didn't loose any storage area.
I painted the cabinets contrasting colors and added some fabrics for warmth. I also wanted to hide the washer and dryer connections and the fabric was a simple choice.
The other side of the room. We are blessed with lots of storage so I really had no excuse for my messiness.
This entire project ended up being around $400 including all of the accessories that I bought.
Some decorative accessories add interest and are still useful for more hidden storage.
As you may or may not know the light fixture was a major issue. I didn't want to loose light so I decided to camouflage the existing fluorescent light fixture. For tutorials on this as well as the cabinet removal and painting, the fabrics and laundry sign, see my search feature. Also, if you want to know where something in the room was purchased just let me know in the comment section and I'll be sure to get back with you.
Now doing laundry is less of a chore. It took a little bit of work but it was so worth it !!!