What is it?
The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 or so followers. (Yes, I definitely fit in here, no problem. :) What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
So, here goes:
Eleven things about me ~ 1.This part is harder than I thought it would be. Hmmm...Well, most importantly I am a mother. Something that I always wanted to be. When my husband and I first tried to conceive, it took three years!!! Yes, it was fun but a little stressful not knowing if it would ever happen. So my little guys were and are such a blessing to me. I have 2 boys Jackson (11) and Gage (9).
|Me, my mom, my brother (who's 15 years younger than me!) and my 2 boys.|
6. My favorite place to be is the Coast. Specifically, Port Aransas, Texas, my home away from home. I love boogy boarding, fishing and looking for shells.
7. I was a decorator for 13 years before "retiring". I just started blogging in October 2011. The decorating thing started early in my childhood when I would not only move things in my room but in the rest of the house as well.
8. I graduated from the University of Texas at San Antonio and I'm an Alpha Sigma Alpha alumni.
9. I can touch my tongue to my nose and I have a bee allergy that I just found out about a year ago. (Maybe I shouldn't say that in case there is someone out there that wants to kill me).....too many horror movies.
10. I've been accused of being OCD because of my obsession with things being organized. If you need to move, pack boxes or organize shelves, I'm your girl.
11. I know this might be controversial but I'm a Cowboys, Spurs and Texas Rangers Fan. Go Spurs Go!!!
Questions I'm supposed to answer:
1. What is your dream house?
No doubt a cottage at the beach with the doors and windows wide open to let in the smell of the gulf and the sound of the palm trees blowing in the wind. It wood be covered in white wood everywhere.
2. What is your favorite song and why?
I have no idea. I listen to all kinds of music from Country to Classical and everything in between. My brother tells me my ipod is very "random".
3. What is your family like?
Crazy like everyone elses. One of my favorite sayings is, "That's the member of the family that you meet after the wedding."
4. Favorite blog post I've ever written and why?
I think the one at Christmas where I made the outdoor pillows for my bench. I stenciled our address and inverted the numbers so it's not even correct. I didn't even notice the mistake until after I posted it. It still hasn't been changed by the way. OOOPS!
5. What are your favorite blogs and why do you love them?
The funny thing is, I had never read a blog until after I started mine. I googled decorating blogs to see if I was "doing it right" and the first one that came up was The Inspired Room. I could not stop reading it. It was like reading something from a kindred spirit, a friend, even though I didn't know her personally. That's what makes it work. I also love Courtney's blog at French Country Cottage. I love her style even though it is very different from mine. Her photography, styling and flower arranging are fantastic!
6. How long have you been blogging and why?
I just started in October of last year. I do so many projects at home and in my friends and families houses that I thought I would start documenting them to help others do it for themselves. It has been a great creative outlet for me.
7. Who is your hero?
I know some people grow up with one but I've never really thought about it. I guess if I had to pick someone that I admire for her accomplishments, it would be Martha Stewart.(except for the lying and jail thing) I think it is fantastic as a woman to create an empire the way she has.
8. What is your favorite memory?
My wedding day. It was the most fun and special day and lead to my next new adventure in life including my two beautiful children.
9. How do I want to be remembered?
As a good person and good mother.
10. Who is your favorite author?
Sadly, I don't read a lot of fiction but if I had to choose one, it would be Stephen King. He tells a great scary story!
11. If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be and why?
I assume this is a living person and it would be possible that I could meet them so I won't say Jesus because that's who it would be. Who is more interesting than that? Now I REALLY don't know who to say because they'll be compared to Jesus! I'm just going to say it anyway....Josh Duhamel.
Now for my nominations:
1.Of course I am nominating Christine at Little Brags first because not only does she have a wonderful blog but she has helped me so much and I really appreciate her! littlebrags.blogspot.com
2. Dawn @ inspiredlivinghome.blogspot.com
3.Theresa @ junkmuse.blogspot.com
4.Theresa @ littleputtylittlepaint.blogspot.com
5.Becky @ vintage541.blogspot.com
6.Angela @ hickorytrailblog.blogspot.com
7.Maggie @ crunchydiva.com
8.Melanie @ myrusticfarmhouse.blogspot.com
9. Doreen @ househoneys.com
10. Cyndi @ bluestarantiques.blogspot.com
11.Betty @ maddiebellahome.blogspot.com
Here are your questions girls~
1. When and why did you start your blog?
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
3. What does your dream house look like?
4. What are your favorite current TV shows?
5. Do you have a special talent? What is it?
6. What is the favorite room in your house and why?
7. If you could make one major change in your life, what would it be?
8. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
9. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
10. Have you done something in your life that is unusual or something that you think that most other people haven't done? What is it?
11. What was the best experience of your life?
Have fun ladies! You all have great new blogs. Good luck in your future success. I'd love for you all to link back to my blog so I can see your answers and if you'd like to stay in touch please join me on my google followers if you haven't already.